There’s really only one thing you need to know about our content: you can copy, modify and redistribute any material on this site unless otherwise indicated, as long as The Tech Street Journal is appropriately attributed as the source of that material. Specifically, the content on this site is subject to the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported licence. So, please, use our stuff for commercial or non-commercial purposes. Just be sure to acknowledge our work! If you read about something here first, and it prompts you to write your own story on the same topic, we’d still be grateful for your acknowledgement of our original story.
We pinched this bit from The Conversation.
The Tech Street Journal Pty Ltd ACN 163 944 661 (TSJ) is committed to protecting the privacy of our contributors and readers. TSJ is bound by the National Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Act).
Collection and use of personal information
TSJ will, from time to time, collect and use personal information. The types of personal information collected and the purposes for which that personal information will be used will depend on the circumstances. For example, TSJ may collect personal information when you:
- sign up as a contributor to or create a profile on The Tech Street Journal;
- join a conversation or comment on someone else’s article or contribution to The Tech Street Journal;
- participate in a survey or provide feedback to The Tech Street Journal.
Disclosure of personal information
If you sign up as a contributor to The Tech Street Journal, TSJ will publish your contributor profile, which may include personal information, on The Tech Street Journal.
If you join a conversation or comment on someone else’s article or contribution, TSJ will publish your post, which may include personal information, on The Tech Street Journal, such as your name and position.
Other than these situations, TSJ will not disclose your personal information to third parties except:
- to third parties which assist TSJ to operate The Tech Street Journal (in which case TSJ requires these contractors to keep that personal information confidential and not to use or disclose it for any purpose other than the purpose of performing those services);
- in exceptional circumstances, TSJ may be required or authorised by law to disclose personal information, for example to law enforcement authorities or to prevent a serious threat to public safety; or
- otherwise with your consent.
Handling of personal information
TSJ will take all reasonable steps to protect all personal information held by it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Accessing your personal information
Any person may seek access to personal information which TSJ holds about that person and we will provide access to that information in accordance with the Act. There are certain exemptions which may apply to the provision of that information. We may require that the person requesting access provide suitable identification and we may charge an administration fee for granting access to information. Requests to access personal information held by TSJ should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or concerns about TSJ’s collection, use or disclosure of personal information, email TSJ at email@example.com.